There are a number of great O’Reilly conferences coming up that New Relic is looking forward to attending, one of which is this week’s Velocity 2014 in Santa Clara. This’ll be an especially fun one for a number of reasons:
- We’re hosting a 3D-themed after party on Wednesday, June 25. There’ll be drinks, food, and all sorts of fun surprises, particularly for all you MakerBotnerds. Get more details and register here.
- At said after party, we’ll be giving away a free Apple TV to one lucky attendee! Using hashtags #VelocityConf and #NRgiveaway, just tweet us your favorite sound bite from one of the Velocity sessions you attended on Wednesday to be entered into the drawing. The winner will be announced at the party, but you’ll also need to be there in person to claim your prize, so be sure to make an appearance.
- The next morning on Thursday, June 26, breakfast is on us. Patrick Lightbody, New Relic’s VP of Product Management, will be giving a talk about performance tuning, so you’ll have the opportunity to start your day with a belly full of good food and a brain full of great insights. Get more details and register here.
- Speaking of Patrick Lightbody, he won’t be the only one from our product management team at Velocity this year. A greater number of New Relic product managers will be attending this conference than usual, so it’ll be a rare opportunity for you to meet and pick the brains of the super smart folks that help drive the direction of New Relic’s products. They’ll all be hanging out at booth #309, so swing by and say “Hi!”
- Last, but not least, we’re excited about all the great talks that’ll be going on. A couple that looked particularly good to us? “A Look at Looking in the Mirror: PostMortems,” from J. Paul Reed of O’Reilly Programming, and “The Cultural Implications of Every Major Technology Decision,” from Daniel Rabinovich of MercadoLibre. And of course the keynote from our very own Mr. Lightbody.
If you’re attending Velocity this week, be sure to stop by New Relic booth #309 for the latest on our software analytics offerings, and a free Datanaut t-shirt! See you there.