Anyone who knows anything about New Relic knows that New Relic loves all things Portland and Oregon. That’s why we’re so excited to have been selected by the Technology Association of Oregon (TAO) as a finalist for the 2015 Oregon Technology Awards (OTA) for the new category of “Influential Technology Company Not Headquartered in Oregon.”
With our galactic engineering headquarters located in downtown Portland, we consider ourselves an Oregon company on many levels. We’re constantly inspired by Oregon, especially with our amazing views of the city, river, and mountains of Portland.
“The Oregon tech community is thriving and you can really tell by the turnout and quality of the Technology Awards program,” noted TAO president Skip Newberry. We’ll have a full table of Oregonian Relics among the more than 550 tech leaders expected to gather at the Portland Art Museum for the 31st annual OTA ceremony on April 30, but that’s only a tiny aspect of our commitment to Rip City.
Even the everyday culture at our office tends to mirror the Portland tech community’s values: Portland is a thriving tech center and we are excited to be part of this energy.
- We work on cutting-edge technology and focus on solving interesting and important problems.
- We’re organized into small, collaborative teams and give people autonomy.
- We hire curious people who want to be experts in their areas of focus.
- We bring in technology interns from across the country.
- We bring the community together at our offices through monthly FutureTalks that feature notable speakers, drinks, snacks, and conversation.
- We all grab lunch at the nearby food carts and dine together in our communal lunch space (with those great views). No one eats alone at their desk.
- We have fun.
- We’re passionate about our work.
Just like the Portland tech community.
For more insight into exactly why we love Portland so much, watch this sweet TechTownPDX video: Portland and New Relic—A Perfect Match.
Oregon friends: we hope to see you tomorrow night at the Oregon Tech Awards!