Sometimes people ask us what the letters in RPM stand for. On most days, our answer is simple: Rails Performance Management. But today we are considering having the “M” stand for Momentum! Our company is growing by leaps and bounds!
There have been an amazing set of accomplishments since New Relic announced its entry into the Rails market just a few short months ago (May 2008). Today we released an announcement showing the surge in growth at New Relic, and recapping some of the highlights of the last few months. Take a look and I think you’ll see what we mean…
Here are some of the highlights of the past few months for New Relic:
- An average of 170 new customers per month have adopted RPM since its introduction in late May, 2008
- More than 850 customers now use RPM to manage their production Rails applications
- Many of the leading Web application and software-as-a-service providers have become New Relic subscribers including iOffer, OurStage.com, 37signals, Getty Images, and the retailer Hot Topic.
- New Relic received $6 million in new venture financing.
- RPM Lite was introduced in September, 2008 providing a free, fully supported version of RPM for unlimited use with Rails applications. More than 1400 customers have subscribed to RPM Lite in its first two months.
- New Relic was named one the Ten IT Management Start-ups to Watch for 2008 by Network World
- The Rails Core Development Team, the group of Rails developers who lead the changes to the Rails platform, partnered with New Relic and RPM customers to share performance data. More than 100 RPM customers have joined the program
- Pivotal Labs, the premier Agile Ruby on Rails application development company, agreed to make using RPM a standard practice for its clients’ application development processes.
We’ve also improved our product, adding more features and functionality including these snazy additions:
- Transaction Tracing
- Error Detection
- Scalability Analysis
- Incident Detection
- iPhone Interface
- Response Time Reports
- Weekly Email Reports
- Enhanced Data Retention
As you can see, a lot has happened in the past few months for New Relic. We are fortunate to have such great customers, partners, and a terrific team. A big thank you to everyone for making the first 6 months of New Relic great ones!