Today at our FutureStack16 Tour: New York conference, we announced the private beta of New Relic Infrastructure, a new infrastructure monitoring product focused on supporting the needs of modern operations teams. New Relic Infrastructure uniquely brings together configuration monitoring, real-time health metrics, and a dynamic, tag-driven approach to alerting and dashboards to provide you unprecedented visibility of your ever-changing infrastructure.
When an issue arises, you’ll know in seconds if a recent config change was the cause, and when and where it was made.
If you’re interested in seeing what New Relic Infrastructure can do for you, please sign up to request an invitation to the private beta program here. To learn more, visit New Relic.com/Infrastructure, and attend our free webinar on Tuesday, September 13, at 11 a.m. Pacific Time (2 p.m. Eastern Time).
Our world is changing—it’s time for new tools
If you’re part of an ops team or responsible for maintaining services in production, you’re likely dealing with more changes than ever before. The move to agile development with continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) pipelines, migration to cloud or hybrid infrastructures, repackaging services using container technologies like Docker, and the DevOps movement are all accelerating overall velocity. That’s a good thing, but it just adds pressure for ops teams who are already focused on maximizing uptime.
New Relic Infrastructure is designed to help you handle these challenges and put you in greater control, so you can spend more time proactively optimizing and scaling and less time getting woken up at 2:00 a.m. by alerting. It is designed to provide an accurate picture of the current live state of your infrastructure, tracking the current configuration and health of all your resources along with any changes being made that can affect their state.
When an issue occurs, you can quickly cut through the noise and answer the key question: “What changed in the last 10 minutes that’s causing this outage?” New Relic Infrastructure lets you organize your alerting and dashboards dynamically with the metadata you choose to reflect the way you organize your environment. And it seamlessly scales up and down as your systems scale.
Here are some key features:
1. Live-state monitoring and change tracking: Keep tabs on everything that happens with your infrastructure in real time. This includes changes to key files, packages, kernel settings, service status, user logins, and security groups.
2. Correlated real-time metrics and change events: Key health metrics updated every five seconds with a correlated timeline of events help you to quickly identify what recent change could be causing an outage or performance issues.
3. Tag-driven alerting and dashboards: Use Amazon EC2 tags, role data from automation systems, or your own metadata to create dynamic scopes and alerts policies that scale as your hosts scale.
4. Instant infrastructure search: Find vulnerable packages, errant services, or anything else instantly across thousands of hosts. Zero-day headaches can be addressed in seconds instead of days.
5. AWS and container (Docker) native: New Relic Infrastructure is tightly integrated with Amazon EC2, allowing for an accurate, real-time view of your EC2 ecosystem. Docker containers and their metadata are first-class citizens too, allowing you to monitor every aspect of your dynamic infrastructure. You can slice and dice your hosts by any AWS attribute: role, tier, Availability Zone (AZ), data center, or custom EC2 tag to narrow down to the hosts you care about, and view their data by the attribute you care about.
6. Up and running in seconds: No configuration is required. You don’t need another tool that requires managing; just drop the New Relic Infrastructure agent on each host and you have immediate visibility of the live state changes being made, and real-time health metrics.
7. Leverages the power of New Relic Insights: Built on New Relic’s scalable analytics engine (NRDB), New Relic Infrastructure helps you focus on your productivity and bring new products to market, faster. All metric and event data is available in NRDB to allow for more detailed Insights exploration and dashboarding.
Request a private beta invitation
We’re excited to introduce New Relic Infrastructure: read the press release and visit NewRelic.com/Infrastructure to learn more. If you’re interested in seeing what it can do for you, please sign up for an invitation to the private beta program here. Signing up will also ensure you are notified of new information about New Relic Infrastructure as it becomes available. In the meantime, don’t miss our free webinar, Introducing New Relic Infrastructure: Real-Time Performance and Causation Analysis for Dynamic Infrastructure—on Tuesday, September 13, at 11 a.m. Pacific Time (2 p.m. Eastern Time).
Note: Event dates, participants, and topics are subject to change without notice.