New York City is often thought of as the capital of fashion and finance, of art and theater. But for one day in August, the Big Apple’s hip Tribeca neighborhood will also be the capital of data nerdiness! You owe it to yourself to be there on Tuesday, August 9, when the FutureStack16 World Tour touches down in Manhattan for a uniquely empowering day of New Relic product news, networking with New Relic experts and customers, hands-on skills training, and, of course, some world-class fun and innovative surprises!
Customer knowledge and insights
Hot on the heels of our well-received FutureStack16 Tour: London stop last month, the New York event promises to be even bigger and more exciting. Headlined by New Relic founder and CEO Lew Cirne presenting his vision of the future of the industry, the event will also feature a stellar lineup of New Relic customers sharing their experiences and knowledge. Popular MLB Network host Brian Kenny will sign copies of his new book Ahead of the Curve and discuss “Using Data to Analyze Baseball.” But that’s only the top of the order. You’ll also hear from:
- Major League Baseball Advanced Media’s Sean Curtis, SVP of Engineering, on “Winning a High-Stakes Game,” a behind-the-scenes look into how Major League Baseball Advanced Media delivers an excellent fan experience.
- Dow Jones & Company’s Bill Sammons, Head of Content Enrichment, on “Creating Modern Metadata Systems with New Relic,” his account of how New Relic and AWS were critical in the complete modernization of an entire stack.
- Yodle’s Cristopher Stauffer, Senior Director of Test Engineering, on “Flexibility and Adaptability Through Microservices,” or how New Relic helped Yodle move toward a cloud and container-based microservices architecture.
- Kickstarter’s Natacha Springer, Cloud Operations Engineer, in a fireside chat on cloud success, driving DevOps, containerization, and microservices.
Top New Relic execs
In addition to Lew Cirne, the New York event also features an impressive roster of other New Relic leaders, including:
- Jim Stoneham, Vice President of Product
- Nic Benders, Chief Architect and Vice President of Engineering
- Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate, who will also be signing copies of his new book Architecting for Scale: High Availability for Your Growing Applications
You won’t want to miss a minute of the news, advice, insights, and thought leadership. I’m especially looking forward to Jim’s presentation on “Increasing Mean Time Between Loss of Sleep.”
But high-level presentations are only part of the FutureStack experience. The event also includes invaluable in-depth workshops on the fundamentals of New Relic APM, New Relic Browser, and New Relic Synthetics, as well as advanced classes on Multiproduct Troubleshooting, APM & Insights, Synthetics Scripting & Insights, and more!
Celebrity Dashboards event
Remember, though, this is FutureStack we’re talking about, so our downtown venue (Spring Studios at 50 Varick Street) will also be packed with fun and excitement. We will have on-site “rocket scientists” from our Expert Services team and a direct connection to “PDX Mission Control” (our Portland engineering headquarters) for real-time AMA (ask me anything) conversations with our development and support teams. You’ll also get the chance to test your Sphero racing skills!
We’re especially excited about a new event called “Celebrity Dashboards,” where customers can win bragging rights by showing off their favorite New Relic dashboards and explaining the questions it answers, who uses it, and why it’s so important. (Want to participate? Apply here!)
Finally, we’ll cap the day with an exclusive evening reception featuring fine food and top-shelf drinks, plus a DJ spinning great tunes!
If you’re going to be anywhere near New York City on August 9, you owe it to yourself, your software, and your business to attend FutureStack16 Tour: New York.
Interested in becoming a sponsor for the event? Information about sponsorship opportunities is available here (PDF download).
Remember, if you can’t make FutureStack16 Tour: New York, you can still attend FutureStack16 Tour: San Francisco, November 17-18. We can’t wait to see you!
Note: Event dates, participants, and topics are subject to change without notice.