New Relic customers often tell us they love getting together in person to interact with our product teams as well as with peers from other innovative companies. And they’ll have the perfect opportunity to do just that at FutureStack: London, the UK edition of our global user conference, which will be held on 24 May, 2017, at Kings Place, London.
The theme of this year’s conference is “Digital Intelligence at Cloud Scale.” FutureStack: London is your opportunity to attend fascinating talks from cloud thought leaders and practitioners, gain new perspectives on digital intelligence for the modern technology stack, hear real-world success stories from top brands, and learn practical knowledge for building and running a modern digital business.
I was excited to relocate from San Francisco to London last year to lead the New Relic marketing team in the EMEA region because of what I saw as the tremendous opportunity for growth here. London continues to rank as the most important city for technology in the region, and the city’s prominence is due to many factors, including access to capital, low administrative barriers for entrepreneurs, and the area’s world-class universities. We’ve seen tremendous demand from organisations across many different industries that see New Relic as a critical part of their cloud investments.
I’m particularly excited about FutureStack: London because of the amazing quality and quantity of customers who want to share how they use the digital intelligence provided by New Relic to see more clearly into their business and make critical decisions every day. We’ve had so many customers volunteer to share their stories on stage that we had to stop asking!
Stellar roster of speakers
We are excited to announce the following special customer speakers at FutureStack: London, representing some of the most innovative enterprises in the region:
- Chris Astley, Head of Cloud Operations, KPMG UK
- Declan Costello, Infrastructure and Operations Manager, Ryanair
- Ian Massingham, Chief Evangelist-EMEA, AWS
- Anne Marie Neatham, COO, Ocado Technology
- Harvey Shaw, Digital Services Manager, News UK
To close out the day, we will have a very special keynote featuring Piers Linney, successful entrepreneur and former ‘Dragon’ from BBC Two’s hit show Dragons’ Den. Having served as co-CEO of the cloud-based IT business Outsourcery, Piers is uniquely qualified to keynote FutureStack and share his insights about working with the most innovative startup companies (including those who pitched to him on Dragons’ Den!) as well as advising leaders at more traditional businesses undergoing digital transformations.
In addition to our customer speakers, a number of New Relic engineering and product management leaders will present on a variety of tech topics:
- Patrick Lightbody, SVP of Product Management, will share the vision behind the New Relic Digital Intelligence Platform. He’ll explain how organisations today can gain instant end-to-end intelligence across customer experience, application performance, and dynamic infrastructure.
- Lee Atchison, Senior Director of Strategic Architecture, will detail best practices in architecting for scale.
- Susie Dirks and Henry Shapiro, Senior Product Managers, will talk about the different kinds of analytic data collected across the New Relic platform, and how each type plays a unique role in troubleshooting application/infrastructure performance, errors, and crashes.
- Matthew Flaming, VP of Engineering, and Beth Long, Software Engineer, will discuss how New Relic’s reliability practices have evolved in response to the pressures of rapid growth at massive scale.
- Aaron Johnson, VP of Product Management, will explain how New Relic enables organisations to get complete visibility across their dynamic infrastructure.
- Rebecca Holzschuh, Senior Software Engineer, will show off Project Seymour, New Relic’s AI-based technology demonstration, designed to use automated anomaly detection, diagnosis, and root-cause analysis to help you see more clearly.
Visit the FutureStack: London website to see the full day’s agenda and to register.
Training has been one of the most popular events at our previous FutureStack conferences, and FutureStack: London will also feature dedicated laptop-open instruction sessions to boost your New Relic product skills. All the sessions will be led by experienced technical trainers.
Closing party and reception
After a full day of engaging talks, illuminating insights, and empowering training, be sure to join your fellow delegates for an evening of great food and drink, interactive games, and unparalleled networking opportunities. Set in a great outdoor space on Regent’s Canal, the theme for the reception is ‘Seaside Amusements.’
Donation for admission
In lieu of a registration fee for FutureStack: London, we are asking attendees to make an optional donation in support of Learning to Work, a UK charity that helps support the development of more than 18,000 young people annually. In addition, Nancy Lalor, operations director for Learning to Work, will be speaking at the event.
If you are a leader of a digital business, whether you are a New Relic customer or not, I am confident that you will get a lot of value from attending FutureStack: London. With just a few weeks to go, we’re seeing a record number of registrations. We hope you will visit www.futurestack.com and register here before we sell out!
Check out a recap from last year’s FutureStack: London event.
Note: Event dates, speakers, and schedules are subject to change without notice.