There are hundreds of great reasons to attend FutureStack15, our unique and exciting user conference in San Francisco, Nov. 11-13. But we humans often have trouble processing too many things at once, so we thought we’d make things easier by compiling this list of 10 particularly compelling reasons to be there.
- Lew Cirne: Our inspiring founder and CEO—who still finds time to code—is the best possible host for FutureStack15. Lew’s passion for creating great software and digital experiences is contagious and energizing. FutureStack15 will give you multiple opportunities to learn from Lew’s unique vision of a world where “every business is a software business,” and “life is too short for bad software.”
- Networking: FutureStack15 is the perfect opportunity to meet other smart data nerds—everyone from developers to business leaders—from hundreds of companies. If they’re at FutureStack15, you know they’re interested in the same modern software topics you care about.
- Big-name speakers from big-name companies: You’ll hear from some of the hottest startups, traditional (and innovative) enterprises, and leading-edge vendors. FutureStack15’s impressive speaker lineup includes representatives from high-profile companies including Airbnb; Capital One; Docker; GitHub, Google; Major League Baseball Advanced Media; Netflix; News Corp.; Rackspace; Slack; Target; Time, Inc.; Zillow Group; and many more. Plus a full roster of New Relic experts there to share their knowledge and expertise.
- The Woz is in the house. Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak, an original data nerd and tech industry icon, will be in attendance for a fireside chat. Don’t miss your chance to hear The Woz put modern software into perspective!
- “Weird Al” Yankovic: Yes, another iconic nerd, “Weird Al” is headlining our kickoff party at the historic Fillmore Auditorium with his special brand of music, parody, and humor. DJ ICON opens.
- The Fairmont is an awesome, iconic hotel with a history of hosting presidents and starring screen roles. And it’s right at the center of everything San Francisco has to offer. Plus Friday morning there’s breakfast in the awesome Tonga Room (along with a “Nerd of the Dog” pick-me-up if necessary).
- Showcase/exhibit hall: The place (in addition to the sessions) where you can meet and spend one-on-one time with the actual engineers, customer success folks, and product experts behind New Relic products and partners. Ask that question you’ve been dying to ask, or learn about the newest capabilities.
- Containers! Docker and other containers may be the hottest trend in software development right now. FutureStack15 will host a unique panel on “Containers in Production—Crazy? Awesome? Or Crazy Awesome!” with our own experts as well as other users and Banjot Chanana from Docker.
- DevOps! Gene Kim—founder of Tripwire, author of The Phoenix Project, and DevOps guru—will talk all things DevOps in a Friday morning session. And Friday afternoon, don’t miss “DevOps for Marketing” with Pantheon’s Josh Koenig and Tableau’s Eric Peterson.
- Share your knowledge: Our crowd-sourced Hacker Lounge Track gives you the chance to hear directly from other members of the New Relic community. Got something you want to say? Grab a spot in the Unconf.
Note: Event dates, speakers, and schedules are subject to change without notice.