FutureStack18 London, the UK edition of our global user conference, takes place on 2 October 2018 at King’s Place, London. We’re excited to gather in person with our customers: to hear them, to exchange information and ideas with them, and to connect them with their peers in the New Relic user community.
This year, the theme for FutureStack18 London is “Accelerate to the Future.” It’s a theme that captures many of the changes transforming modern IT teams and the businesses they serve. It’s also a theme that resonates with our customers—most of whom deal with cycles of innovation and disruption that keep getting faster and faster.
The ‘Acceleration’ agenda: Better. Faster. Forever.
The race to stay ahead of rising consumer experience expectations, especially within the digital realm, is one way acceleration is creating day-to-day challenges for our users and your customers.
For many New Relic customers, concepts such as “real time” and “always on” aren’t buzzwords. They’re survival skills. They’re the defining capabilities of any modern IT organization hoping to raise the bar on customer experience, IT efficiency, and software innovation. Staying ahead requires constant innovation, continual iteration, and the confidence to move fast while still delivering a great digital customer experience.
In practical terms, digital businesses address the realities of acceleration by getting–and keeping–visibility across an organization’s full software stack. They implement monitoring capabilities to measure and maintain the availability, functionality, and speed of their digital customer experiences. They ensure that IT teams and other stakeholders get the right information, at the right time and place, to make good decisions and to take timely action.
Why you belong at FutureStack18 London
So much of our work at New Relic is dedicated to helping our customers achieve precisely these goals, and that’s reflected in our agenda for FutureStack18 London, on multiple levels.
First, FutureStack18 London exemplifies New Relic’s commitment to be a partner and trusted advisor to our customers who want to know how the New Relic platform can help them embrace modern software technologies, like cloud services, containers, orchestration platforms, microservices, and distributed architectures. Sessions such as “Monitoring Advanced Architectures,” and our full-day “New Relic Performance Pro Training Workshop” provide s deep dives into the New Relic platform—from New Relic APM to New Relic Insights and New Relic Infrastructure—and access to top New Relic technical and product experts.
Just as important, FutureStack18 London also includes sessions that cover the key organizational, people, and process issues affecting modern software organizations, including DevOps, site reliability engineering (SRE), and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD). Our sessions and case studies offer practical guidance on these critical people and process issues—helping New Relic customers to clear one of the most significant obstacles on the path to digital transformation.
Finally, the day after FutureStack18 London, we’ll host a hands-on, instructor-led New Relic Performance Pro Training Workshop, which will focus on topics that are directly relevant to passing the New Relic certification exam. To facilitate that goal, workshop participants can take hands-on practice exercises during the workshop and, at the end of the day, they can even take the certification exam!
The FutureStack18 London speaker lineup: A trio of compelling keynotes
Our trio of keynotes this year are intended to inspire debate, conversation, and reflection:
1. Jim Gochee, New Relic’s chief product officer. In this talk, Jim explains how New Relic is the platform for modern teams–especially given the realities of constant innovation, digital customer experiences, competitive disruption, and application performance. Whether your IT team is just adopting a modern approach to monitoring and visibility, or it’s debating how best to step up its game, Jim’s keynote should offer actionable guidance. (In the meantime, check out Jim’s March, 2018 FutureTalk video presentation.)
2. Professor Brian Cox will bring a unique perspective to the closing keynote at FutureStack18 London—that of an experimental physicist and Royal Society Fellow who was once a major UK pop star. Beyond that, his involvement with a long list of successful science-related TV shows has prompted some to dub him a “rock star scientist.” Through it all, Brian’s defining trait has been his curiosity and passion for exploring and understanding the universe. That point of view is exactly what modern IT leaders and practitioners need as they work to stay agile, to adapt and adjust quickly, and above all to apply a test-and-measure mindset to their work.
3. James Governor, analyst and co-founder at RedMonk. This keynote is for anyone interested in the technological trends behind the process of digital transformation. RedMonk takes a developer-centric worldview, and James has plenty to share about the role of software engineering in modern IT organizations. He’s especially interested in how advances in application performance monitoring and componentization are impacting the modern application developer’s position and priorities.
Come to connect—stay to learn
We have a strong speaker lineup, but we also have plenty of opportunities for you to connect with your peers and to learn from other companies’ experiences using the New Relic platform.
We’ve included three full-scale case study sessions, featuring Confused.com, AO.com, LEGO Group, OLX Group, and Trainline. Together with members of the New Relic product team, representatives of these companies will offer an honest and insightful look at how they solved difficult technology problems and adapted their own businesses to the challenges of IT acceleration.
Listen to the case studies, chat with the presenters, and of course, connect with other attendees in a casual, fun setting.
Coming to you: FutureStack18 Roadshow events
If you can’t join us in London on 2nd October, don’t worry. In addition to FutureStack18 Sydney, on 17th October, our FutureStack Roadshow events will tour the Continent. Join us as we bring you a rich program of speakers, educational events and networking opportunities, all in a convenient, single-day package.
Our current roadshow schedule includes:
- Paris, Melia Paris La Defense Hotel (18 October) Register Now!
- Stockholm, Scandic Foresta Hotel (24 October) Register Now!
- Amsterdam, ANDAZ Amsterdam Prinsengracht Hotel (31 October) Register Now!
- Madrid, NH Collection Principe de Vergara (13 November) – registration information coming soon!
Be sure to visit our FutureStack Roadshow site regularly for the latest information on events, dates, venues, and additional roadshow stops.
FutureStack18 London—Register now!
FutureStack18 London is designed to connect, educate, and empower our global community of New Relic customers and end users. Our focus is on being as inclusive as possible, which is why registration at all our FutureStack18 events are free of charge.
Stay tuned to the New Relic blog and follow #FutureStack on Twitter to get the latest updates on FutureStack18 keynotes, speakers, and sessions. And if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re looking forward to joining you for FutureStack London 2018, as well as at our roadshow events. See you there!
Note: Event dates, speakers, and schedules are subject to change without notice.