Guest author Michael Michael is director of product management at Apprenda, a leading provider of enterprise Platform-as-a-Service. This post is adapted from a post on the Apprenda blog. You can follow Michael on Twitter at @MichMike77.
Mission-critical applications can be the lifeblood for an enterprise. If your applications stop working at any time, your company could suffer a blow to its reputation or even lose clients.
At Apprenda, we know that deploying and running your apps reliably is a top priority and our enterprise-grade Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) is designed to help companies build the best next-generation applications faster. But even if you’re using a PaaS to speed up development, you still need to monitor the health and performance of your applications after they’re up and running.
Apprenda now integrated with New Relic
Using New Relic to monitor Apprenda applications, developers get access to many capabilities, including
- Monitor multi-instance distributed applications in real time
- Monitor how the application is interacting with the database and get access to query latencies
- Monitor the performance metrics and the overall health of your application
- Monitor Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and define custom metrics that allow you to understand the internal behavior of your application
- Monitor what your end users are doing with your app, locations they are accessing your app from, latency in serving content, and what browsers they are using
- Diagnose bottlenecks in your application
- Receive proactive alerts when the application is falling behind on its Service Level Agreement (SLA)
Understand the story your apps are telling
In a nutshell, the New Relic dashboard surfaces thousands of metrics and KPIs across your apps, helping you understand the stories your data is trying to tell you. Apprenda and New Relic work together to help developers understand how the end users of an application are interacting with the app and the experiences they receive.
More importantly, together we help developers maintain the SLA of the application by leveraging capabilities like alerting, instance autoscale, and high availability.
Watch the video below to see the integration of Apprenda and New Relic in action. It lays out the benefits of integrating New Relic’s application monitoring with your modern Apprenda applications.
Enhancing Apprenda applications to work with your standardized corporate-wide APM tool is simple through the power of Apprenda extensibility and bootstrap policies. To learn more about bootstrap policies and how you can use them to incorporate APM into your applications, watch the second video below:
For more information, see: