In this week’s news, we look at why waiting for anything is torture, what tools GitHub uses to keep their website fast and more.
* GitHub shares their strategy for keeping their website fast.
* Etsy discusses the hardware behind their site.
* The New York Times looks at why waiting is torture.
* Joshua Bixby explains what Millennial’s expect in web performance.
* Steve Sounders describes three keys to a faster web app.
* Jesse Dearing gives an introduction to Chef.
* Love it or hate it, Internet Explorer has been a driving force of innovation on the Internet.
* Developer Mario Visic looks at Rails HTTP streaming.
* Evan Selinger asks if impatience is a digital virtue.
* Matt Farina looks at why the jQuery constructor creates lots of extra jQuery objects and why that affects your application’s performance.