In this week’s news, we look at RUM, Node.js 0.8 and more.
* The Atlantic interviews the developers behind Obama’s campaign website.
* Steve Sounders compares RUM and synthetic page load times.
* Node.js News reports on the performance improvements in Node.js 0.8.
* Slides from the November W3C workshop on web performance have been posted.
* Fresh Squeezed talks about web performance in their latest podcast.
* Joshua Bixby looks at RUM usage by the top eCommerce websites.
* Matt O’Keefe examines monitoring and big data at eBay.