This week we have tips to improve your web performance, announcements from our partners, and more.
* Author Wesley Chun recommends some great books for learning Python.
* Our partner Atlassian acquires HipChat.
* The folks at the San Francisco Web Performance Meetup share slides on how web page speed directly correlates to business metrics at Walmart.com.
* Google hits another milestone in its goal to speed up the web by buying the world’s largest public DNS.
* James Hamilton gives an interesting spin on the importance of reducing latency.
* Tommy Jarnac gives three best practices for managing your Django settings in development and production environments.
* VC Chip Hazard describes ten ways companies can drive developer adoption.
* Nikos Lianeris gives a tutorial on how to configure gzip compression with ehcache.
* Doug Grismore describes a few useful Amazon S3 performance tips and tricks.
* And if you’re at PyCon this week, Steve Lacy has a great list of restaurants and places to visit when you need to get away from the convention center.