In this week’s roundup, we check in on the 2012 presidential election, get tips from New Relic users, and find out what Oracle has in store for Java.
– Find out how a candidate’s website performance correlates to their success in the 2012 elections.
– Jan Pfitzner describes how he uses New Relic to monitor Alfresco.
– Robert Scoble explains why he thinks the speed of change is slowing down in 2012 in this post from Business Insider.
– Robyn Weisman compares WordPress to DevOps.
– New Relic customer, 99designs gives an overview of the infrastructure they use to power their site.
– Developer and architect Chris Richardson shows how he ported a relational database to three NoSQL data stores: Redis, Cassandra and MongoDB.
– Greg Unrein demonstrates how to make Openmix decisions with New Relic data.
– Developer Daniel Kehoe explains how to use Rails 3.2 with Ruby 1.9.3 on Heroku.
– Oracle shares their two-year plan for Java.
– Enterprise Systems shares four things you should consider when selecting a cloud provider.