In this week’s news, we find out how GitHub solved problems related to CSS performance, learn how to make a web standard, and measure performance in Grape APIs.
* Ars Technica looks at how Team Obama’s tech efficiency left Romney in the dust.
* Steve Sounders conducts an experiment on the perception of speed.
* Artsy shows how measure performance in Grape APIs with New Relic.
* Patrick Meenan explains at why clearing IE’s caches isn’t as simple it seems.
* Chromium Projects tells you how to make a web standards proposal.
* iOS 6.0 has been causing CDN overages.
* AWS shows how to deploy Ruby apps to AWS Elastic Beanstalk with Git.
* Spotify shares how it scales up and stays agile.
* Jon Rohan shows how GitHub solved some problems related to CSS performance.
* The latest HTTP Archive Report shows that average page weight increased 30% in 2012.