In this week’s community news, we get an overview of WebP, Matz talks about Ruby 2.0 and more.
* Spotify shares its manifesto to create alignment and direction for its improvement work.
* Ilya Grigorik has an overview of WebP.
* Kris Gale, VP of Engineering at Yammer, argues the key to building fast lies in small teams.
* In this video from Waza, Matz talks about the recent release of Ruby 2.0.
* Guy Podjarny takes a look at real world Responsive Web Design performance.
* Joshua Bixby asks when it comes to big data, how big is big enough.
* Rich Pareta explains how to get hired into a collaborative engineering team.
* Colin Ihrig discusses the challenges in scaling Node.js applications.
* Etsy’s Lara Swanson explains why website performance begins with design.