UPDATE (March 3rd, 10:30 am)
We’ve decided to extend this contest with new entry rules so even more of you are able to participate! Any engineer attending SXSW Interactive is eligible to enter, and the new deadline is midnight on Wednesday, March 5.
HOW TO ENTER
- Tweet @newrelic with your favorite developer tool, open source project OR question you’d like to ask Lew in your 1 on 1.
- Include #codingCEO hashtag in your tweet.
- Be available on Day 1 (Friday, March 7) of SXSW Interactive.
For those of you bringing the nerd life to SXSW Interactive in Austin next week, we’re excited to announce a fun opportunity for New Relic users and app developers to meet Lew in person!
Before his Future15 session on Friday, March 7, our founder and CEO, Lew Cirne, will be holding exclusive “office hours” with two lucky developers at the festival. Selected participants will have a chance to pick his brain about everything from entrepreneurship, designing the next awesome app to learning more about his journey becoming a coding CEO.
HOW TO ENTER
To enter, follow these two steps:
- Tweet @NewRelic with a link to code that you wrote and are especially proud of (e.g., a recent open source contribution or code for a nonprofit, etc.). Links to a GitHub repository are great.
- Include the hashtag #codingCEO in your tweet.
WHEN TO ENTER
The starting gates are open! Tweets published between now and midnight on Sunday, March 2 will be considered.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
To be eligible for selection, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a current New Relic user. (TIP: It’s super easy to sign up. Even if you start a free trial today, you’ll still be in the running!)
- You must be attending SXSW and be available on Day One of the festival (Friday, March 7).
New Relic will notify the two lucky developers on Wednesday, March 5, via a direct message (DM) on Twitter. Keep an eye out! The news will also be announced the same day here on the official New Relic blog. If you have any questions, leave a comment below or simply ping us on Twitter using the #codingCEO hashtag. Happy coding!
CATCH LEW FOR SURE
For attendees joining us at SXSW but who weren’t selected, remember that you can still catch Lew at his “Case for the Coding CEO” session on Friday, March 7, at 5 p.m. CST. Here are more details on his presentation:
The Case for the Coding CEO
Date: Friday, March 7
Time: 5:00 to 5:15 p.m. CST
Location: Austin Convention Center, Ballroom F
Coding is a skill that is traditionally held by a select group of individuals within a company. We know them as app developers, computer science students, programmers, hackers … and now, more than ever, CEOs. At New Relic, a San Francisco-based startup that gives developers the software analytics they need to understand web/mobile app performance, CEO and Founder Lew Cirne still actively codes, often for weeks at a time, to develop the next innovation for his products. It’s his passion. It’s his mission to instill craftsmanship, even at the code level, so the product will be simple and easy to use while offering advanced technical functionality at a price anyone can afford. There are now opportunities in the new economy for leaders to possess this hybrid business/technological skill set. During this solo presentation, Lew will discuss the benefits of being a CEO who embrace his inner nerd and what leaders in technology will achieve by making coding a priority.