In this week’s news, we find out how Facebook approaches release engineering, how Evernote solves its Big Data problem, and what trends lie in store for 2013.
* The DevOps Zone discovers how Facebook pushes twice daily to over 1 billion users.
* Evernote reveals how it serves billions of API requests generated by its online application.
* Akamai explains why it’s time to pay attention to situational performance measurement.
* Strangeloop unveils 12 bold predictions affecting web performance in 2013.
* 24 Ways insists that responsive design and high performance shouldn’t be mutually exclusive.
* Stephen Pierzchala identifies three strategic questions for online businesses in 2013.
* Addy Osmani gives a tutorial on how to improve performance with Chrome DevTools.
* Stoyan Stefanov shows what Facebook has done to make the “Like” button faster.