In this week’s news, we look at Twitter’s MySQL strategy and get lessons in scalability from Google, YouTube, Twitter, Amazon, eBay, Facebook, and Instagram.
* Software engineer Ken Cochrane shows he used New Relic with Supervisord and Gunicorn.
* High Scalability describes the architecture behind Instagram.
* Steve Sounders explains the techniques he used to improve the performance of the HTTP Archive.
* In this interesting post, find out why the Twitter engineering team has decided to open source their MySQL work.
* The Dodgy Coder shares lessons in scalability he’s learned from Google, YouTube, Twitter, Amazon, eBay, Facebook, and Instagram.
* Trevor Parsons digs into Engine Yard logs.
* Alex Sexton looks at how CDNs affect frontend performance.
* Pat Shaughnessy interviews JRuby core developer Charless Nutter.
* And finally, an infographic that shows the stunning growth of OMGPOP’s Draw Something application.