This week we examine what performance users really expect from their web and mobile apps, what causes new programming languages to succeed or fail, and more.
* Bruce Lawson tells us what users are really looking for in mobile apps.
* Neil McAllister from InfoWorlds examines why new programming languages succeed or fail.
* Rafael Chacón describes how he set up a Closure app in Heroku using New Relic.
* This interesting infographic illustrates the importance of fast web and mobile app performance.
* Drupal luminary Kris Buytaert explains the results of Intuits’ recent Devops and Drupal survey.
* Graeme Rocher shows how to deploy Grails applications into the Cloud.
* Straight from PyCon, this video shows the goals for PyPy.
* Rackspace adds more open source talent to its cloud services and hosting team.
* Blitz describes how you can overlay New Relic data on their standard response time charts.