This week we get notes about scalability, how to fix problematic deployments, and the state of PHP and Java in 2012.
– Diaspora describes their migration to Backbone.js for better performance.
– Jeremiah Peschka gives us some notes on scalability.
– CloudBees discusses better integration between Jenkins and GitHub.
– Lindsay Holmwood shows us how to instrument monitoring checks with New Relic.
– A recent Gartner survey talks about the impacts of the consumerization of IT.
– Server vendor Zend Technologies finds that PHP is still going strong.
– Manish Pandit describes IGN’s experience with Scala.
– Programmer Randall Degges tells us how to fix problematic deployments on Heroku.
– Our own Brian Doll comments on the state of Java and the JVM in 2012.
– IT consultant Patrick Debois discusses application and user metrics.
– Jared Carroll of Carbon Five asks if Rails apps need service layers.