As the first work week of 2012 draws to a close, here’s a round-up of some interesting news items…
– Aaron Levie, CEO and co-founder of Box.net, describes the five myths of the enterprise startup.
– Patrick Meenan describes what happens when good back-ends go bad.
– Service Angle explains why app management is becoming a differentiator for service providers.
– Ken Cochrane shows us how to use New Relic with supervisord and gunicorn.
– Jason Yu, co-founder of Parse, states the case for developer platforms.
– Developer Pat Shaugnessy tells us why we shouldn’t create Ruby strings longer than 23 characters.
– Dries Buytaert looks back at Drupal in 2011 and makes some predictions for 2012.
– GigaOm points out 10 cloud startups to watch in 2012.
– VMWare’s Tod Nielsen reveals why 2012 is the year to adopt PaaS.
– Brian Mulloy describes how RESTful API design supports multiple formants.