In our first Community News roundup of 2013, we get predictions for the new year, look back at 2012 find out to optimize a page for different network conditions.
* Steve Sounders explains how to create a performance culture.
* The Obama for America tech team talks about winning, disrupting and sticking to basics.
* Our partner Engine Yard looks at tracking request latency in New Relic.
* HTML 5 Doctor interviews Ian Hickson.
* Yoav Weiss talks about the best ways to optimize a page for different network conditions.
* Stoyan Stefanov digs into the HTTP archive.
* Chris Kelly looks at the future of mobile browsing.
Sign up here. It's free, so why not?