In this week’s news, we look at big data trends, find out how Badgeville uses Engine Yard and New Relic, get tips on how to reduce latency, and more.
* Thomas Hunter compares PHP + Apache to Node.js, and explains the advantages and disadvantages of each.
* Our own Ralph Bodenner talks about New Relic’s experiences with continuous delivery.
* Forbes describes the latest Big Data trends.
* Callen explains why New Relic is his favorite SaaS provider.
* Infoworld has a guide on how to select the best database.
* Our partner Engine Yard published a case study about our joint customer Badgeville.
* Patrick Wyatt demonstrates how to reduce perceived latency to deliver a great online game-play experience.
* Alessandro Nadalin shares how he used Monolog for PHP error reporting on New Relic.
* Hulu explains how they use Chef to automate system provisioning and application deployment.
Sign up here. It's free, so why not?