In this week’s news, we get performance tips from Joshua Bixby, Ilya Griogrik, Guy Podjarny, and Estelle Weyl.
* Web performance guru Joshua Bixby looks at the performance poverty line and why it matters.
* Ilya Grigorik shares how Chrome hides latency by anticipating your every need.
* Read Write Hacks shows how you can find out which programming languages are most popular.
* Guy Podjarny asks if SPDY, the first real upgrade to HTTP in over ten years, really improves performance.
* Forbes asks how tech firms can attract more women engineers.
* Estelle Weyl shares her slides on Mobile Performance Considerations.
* Google revisits the ten things it knows to be true.
* StackOverflow.com explains how they’ve scaled their SQL servers to serve over 12 million web pages per day.
* Spanish developer Tony Blyx describes how to use New Relic with Alfresco.
* OReilly’s Mike Loukides explains how the role of Operations has evolved over the years.
Sign up here. It's free, so why not?