In this week’s news, we get web performance tips from Joshua Bixby, Frank Dennis, Mike Belshe and Andy Davies.
* Andy Davies shares his slides on why speed is essential for a great web experience.
* Fast Company shows how Instagram uses coding tricks to deliver a great user experience.
* Find out why Twitter recently took back control of their frontend performance by moving their rendering back to the server.
* Joshua Bixby explains why the average web user wastes two days a year waiting for pages to load.
* Frank Dennis examines why most sites optimized for mobile devices are focusing on screen size without paying attention to performance.
* Randall Degges takes a humorous look at Heroku.
* Mike Belshe contends that the web only works thanks to reload and that’s why the mobile web fails.
* Strangeloop illustrates the increasing size and complexity of the average web page.
Sign up here. It's free, so why not?