As we’ve said before, we love working with Atlassian. We use many of their products ourselves, including JIRA for collaboration and issue tracking. JIRA is used by thousands of development teams around the world and is considered the de-facto standard for issue management. In February, Atlassian released JIRA 5 with new social features and activity streams that make it even easier for teams to work collaboratively.
Today we’re excited to announce New Relic support for JIRA 5. With one-click integration, you can use New Relic to create JIRA tickets directly from an error, note or transaction trace within your New Relic account. The integration also provides support of custom fields, which allows you to select what type of issue to create as it’s created.
Together, New Relic and JIRA 5 close the loop in agile development by tying production application performance and event data back into the application lifecycle.
To enable JIRA 5 integration:
- Log into New Relic and click Account Settings in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click the API + Integration tab.
- Click either the JIRA 4 or JIRA 5 tab (depending on which version you have installed.)
- Enter the URL of your JIRA installation. (HTTPS preferred)
- Enter the user name and password for an account in your JIRA installation that you’d like New Relic to create tickets with.
- Click Save.
- In the dropdown menu, select the project you want to create an issue for.
- Click Save again.
- JIRA 4 integrations are completed. To finish JIRA 5 integrations, select the issue type you’d like New Relic to create in the second dropdown menu.
- Click Save a final time.
- The tab light should be green. This means that the next time you view a Transaction Trace, Error or Note, you will see a File a ticket with JIRA link.
Sign up here. It's free, so why not?